The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - Kody Keplinger When I first got my hands on this book, I was exceptionally excited because I thought it would be a good read. I read the first chapter and felt like I could immediately relate, and wished for this book in high school! I was the duff! Definitely the designated ugly fat friend.

Except it kept going and I found myself detached. At times I forgot these were 17 year old girls and they sounded more junior high school. Very young... too young. It was very "mary-sue" and very predictable for the most part.

Being the real version of the "duff" I was disappointed. Even the "Designated Ugly Fat Friend" stereotype didn't come across when the characters are actually gorgeous themselves. Kind of disappointing since... well what about us girls who really ARE rejected and there to only serve as a back up?

Ah well. Overall it was enjoyable, had a few sad moments that tugged at you. I enjoy Wesley a bit as his character was a bit more rounded than the others.

But eh. Quick and easy. =]